Friday, February 17, 8 pm
Mardi Gras Concert, Dance, and Dinner with Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys
Cajun French music from the backwaters of Southwest Louisiana. Their third release garnered them a Grammy nomination in the worldwide field of traditional folk music, another in 2004, and then another in 2009.
Announcing a Silent Auction and Raffle during the Belleville Roots Mardi Gras Celebration on February 17!
Donated Items as of 2/13:
- Belleville Roots: Two tickets to Teada on March 15 and Two Tickets to Carrie Newcomer on April 21
- Ross Varney: 4 half hour piano lessons
- Green Jean's Landscaping: one hour garden consultation or hands-on work
- Elements Therapeutic Massage: One 55-Minute Full-Body Massage Session
- Old Town Animal Hospital: $100 gift certificate for veterinary services
- Lori and Steve Wiswell: designer lamp
- The Stage: Mardi Gras collection
- Sheila Taintor: 2 hours Spanish Tutoring/conversation
- Sue Wolfendale: Child's birthday party with CheerfulCharlie the Clown
- Jim Marshall: original artwork of Newburyport
- John Geesink: Photography artwork of Sand Point
- Plum Island Coffee Roasters: $25 Gift Certificate
- Yankee Runner: $31.00 Gift Certificate
- Yoga Center of Newburyport: 6 week introduction yoga series valued at $140.00
- Whole Music: 3 week Jamshop session valued at $89.00; E.J. Ouellette 6 half hour lesson block of private instruction on most instruments or voice valued at $99.00; and Johnson acoustic dreadnaught with gig bag valued at $189.00
- Charlotte DAngelo, Artist: 3 yellow and black pillows retro and 2 black and white polka dotted pillows value at $35.00 each
- The Book Rack: one picture book on Newburyport
- Lorrie Beaulieu, Professional Cake Baker: Professional Cake Baker one cake valued at $75.00
- Rounder Records: Collection of music
Auction items will be available for silent bidding during the dinner and concert. Winners will be announced during the concert. Raffle tickets will be on sale during the dinner and concert. For more information or to donate an item to this worthy cause, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our Donors and thank you for supporting Belleville Roots!
Cajun dinner catered by Karen Kelly Dardinski, 6-7:30 pm:
- $15 tickets
- Jambalya, cassoulet, red beans and rice, veggie gumbo, salad, cornbread, bread pudding with whipped cream
- Seating is limited and tickets must be purchased in advance.
Tickets: $20 in advance, $10 ages 12 and under/$25 day of show
- Belleville Office, 300 High Street, T/ Th/Fri 9-1.
- Belleville Thrift Shop, 300 High Street, Wed 9-12, Saturday, 9-12
- Dyno Records, Middle St. Newburyport
- Online at www.mktix.com/bc